Did you know that the prince fell for the sleeping princess because of the beauty she gained for sleeping for a hundred years?! Well…not really. But hey, who knows?!
Okay, the point we are trying to make is that sleep is important. At least for those who want to remain alive and beautiful.
For the body to continue functioning properly, regular rest is needed. During sleep, the body repairs itself, old cells are replaced, the heart rests and many more beneficial processes go on. Lack of sleep can affect your mood, energy and efficiency and more seriously put your health at risk. Most adults need about 7-8 hours of sleep every night
Sleep and skin
During sleep, the skin is repaired and rehydrated. Lack of sleep speeds up the process of ageing on the skin. We can all testify to baggy eyes after a sleepless night.
- Large heavy meals before bed
- Late nights
- Your beddings and pillows. Change your pillows and beddings regularly
- Your room temprature. No extremities
- Your pyjamas. Get comfortable ones. Nothing scratchy or lumpy
- Your sleep schedule. Sleep and wake up at the same time every night