Hard as nails
With the growing popularity of artificial nails, a lot of women have confessed to no longer remembering what their own nails look like. Although artificial nails are generally safe when applied and removed properly, it is important to give your own nails constant breaks from these coverings.
Healthy nails speaks volumes regarding a woman’s health and hygiene. In fact, your character can be deduced from the appearance of your nails. We have compiled some tips to help you care for your nails better.
- Leaving your nail polish on for more than 10 days. This is a no-no
- Nail polish removals that contain acetone. They are drying to the nails. Look for acetone-free nail polish removals
- Biting your nails. This is disgusting. Simple.
- Using your fingers as a scissors to rip off your nails. This hurts a lot and can damage your nails.
- Your trimming, filing and nail cleaning. Wash your hands regularly with soap.
- Your moisturising regimen. Moisturise your hands and nails after every wash. Keep a tube of hand cream near the sink
- Your rubber gloves. Always wear them when doing washing up to protect your nails and fingers from harsh chemicals
- Your nail polish collection. The more variety the better. Experiment with different colours and styles